1.What is this?
This is the World of Myrr (MEER)! It is a new campaign setting for 5th Edition.
The World of Myrr was inspired by the classic fantasy RPG settings. It is a highly detailed, 292 page book. Myrr is a great foundation for any 5th Edition adventure and can be used with other fantasy RPGs. As of March 2017 it has been reformatted and updated.
Myrr was known as a peaceful place…not any more…
Various factions have converged on this continent. When they clash it will change the world forever. The vampire’s alliance with the devils is the biggest threat to peace. Powerful leaders in the cities of Wyld and Stonehelm are making aggressive moves. The bandit lords of the Southern Territories are threatening to move north. Even the serene, elven Nerathian Kingdom has been infiltrated by dark elf spies. In the Northwest, many are worried about the might of the Barbarian army. Many shadowy thieves and monks are making folk nervous. And then there are the orcs, goblins, giants, and dragons!
However, there is some hope for peace. The true knighthoods stand up to evil, and honor still has its place in the Fighters’ Guild. Some wizards on the Wizard Council have their hearts in the right place. The most powerful forces of good might well be the Inner Sons monk brotherhood or the warrior clerics known as the Ro Gard.
The 292 page book includes:
- Over 70 detailed settlements (villages, towns, and cities)
- Unique lore, with a timeline included
- Over 40 adventure hooks
- Detailed maps
- Detailed geographic features
- Thirty new monsters
- Over 250 NPC descriptions
- A unique pantheon with over 50 deities
- Over 50 different factions
- 43 pages of encounter tables
- 43 pages of corresponding monster lists, organized by challenge ratings
- Over 300 detailed inns and taverns
- Tavern menu list
This product contains Open Gaming Content: OGL included
It is an original work, ideal for your 5th edition game. Game masters can build on the World of Myrr and add their own lore.
2. Is there the possibility of a printed version? Yes, we’re looking at doing one on http://www.drivethrurpg.com
3. Can it be used by other versions or other systems? It is usable with any system not just the 5th edition. It’s made to be very open so game masters can use it as a foundation. You have the encounters, maps, taverns, inns, etc. Use them as a structure.
4. Can you publish adventures based in Myrr? Done, see DriveThruRpg: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?x=0&y=0&author=Andrew%20Cawood